Big W Application Process & Jobs
Before Big W job application information, you may want to know the important information you need to learn about the company. You may climb the stairs one by one toward your professional ambitions by submitting your application to Big W, which offers the possibility to work in many roles and departments.
BIG W is an Australian discount department store company that was started in 1964 in rural New South Wales. The company is a part of Woolworths Group, with 176 locations and around 22,000 employees in Australia as of 2019. BIG W sells apparel, health and beauty products, garden and pet supplies, books, DVDs, CDs, a selection of furniture, snack foods, and small electrical home equipment.
Big W Positions and Salary Information
Big W is accepting applications for available roles in each department.
For entry level positions, Big W does not require high-level qualifications, but rather a desire to work and a dynamic/ energetic personality: after completing the application, if the candidate is suitable for the position, the candidate will be required to attend an interview to verify the application information and eligibility for the position in person, and the recruitment will be completed.
Candidates may apply online or personally for the job that best fits their background from the list below.
Store Team Member
BIG W is seeking an eager, driven, and energetic individual to join our team. Our crew is multi-talented, and every day is different. Your day could consist of assisting customers in locating products, stocking departments with products to make shopping easier, packing orders in one of our online hubs, or providing customers with a streamlined checkout process. However, one thing that will never change is our commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
When you’ll be required:
Wednesday Afternoon (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.), Thursday Afternoon (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.), and Friday Afternoon (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
What are we searching for at BIGW?
- Genuine enthusiasm for retail coupled with a strong desire to provide excellent client service
- A team member who is adaptable across all departments and responsibilities.
- Agile and tolerant of change
- Dependable and willing to work, and available to work a flexible seven-day schedule that may include evenings and late nights.
Warehouse Team Member
The function of a storeperson is crucial to ensuring that the correct inventory reaches the right store at the right time for our consumers. Logistics is continually evolving to meet the needs of businesses. The position requires a strong sense of teamwork in order to ensure the timely shipment of goods.
The chosen candidate must be prepared to work shifts ranging from 6am to 11pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional 4am starts and Saturday work required per business demands. The roles will be either AM shift (3pm11pm) or PM shift (3pm11pm).
Principal tasks include:
- Picking orders accurately and in a timely way
- Assembling and properly packaging material for shipment
- Operating industrial equipment in line with Occupational Health and Safety rules
- Despatch and receiving as required by operation and business criteria
To be considered for this position, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm for delivering superior customer service
- Capacity to operate under pressure to accomplish replenishment goals
- Capability to work in a physically demanding position
- Proficient writing and verbal communication
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Capacity to work a flexible schedule
- Adherence to Occupational Health and Safety regulations and procedures
Availability Team – supervision of fill routines
- Supervising the execution of stockfill in line with Fill window. Includes RP Apparel & Table Lines, Impulse, Technology and Party
- Supervising the execution of re-work of excess stock in line with the fill process. Includes RP Apparel product
Digital and Service Team – Supervision of frontend routines
- Ensure STARS reporting is run and follow up completed
- Supervise and support front end team with performing customer service and tasks at POS and the front door
- Ensure service plans are completed
Digital and Service Team – Supervision of online order fulfillment process (and pick up based on volume)
- Review and action of Ticket Escalations, partially picked orders: locate stock, bounce or reject if required and stock adjust if applicable, ensuring all orders placed into review have been actioned within 48hrs
Merchandise Team – Supervision of merchandise
- Ensure the execution plan when Merchandise Leader is not present in the store
- Ensuring the delivery of a great customer experience every day.
- Creating respectful, trusting and positive relationships with the community that you serve.
- Always on tidy – everyone’s responsibility
- Ensuring a safe place to work and shop
Digital and Service Leader
The Digital and Service Team facilitates the delivery of digital experience through fulfilment and a quick, simple, and seamless digital and in-store checkout experience.
- Everyday delivery of an exceptional client experience.
- Voice of Customer – a continuous approach of evaluating and preparing for improvement.
- Developing healthy, courteous, and trustworthy connections with the community you serve.
- Compliments and concerns from customers
- Handling escalating questions about defective return
- Team Planning includes scheduling, recruitment, leave, succession, and training and development.
- Team Leadership – Managing Tasks, Performance, and Conduct
- Voice of Team – constantly reviewing and preparing for improvement.
- GRIA Salaried Rostering Principles and EA Are responsible for ensuring that you and your team work compliant rosters and are compensated appropriately.
How to Apply For Big W Jobs
Step 1. Access the company’s via the link: https://www.wowcareers.com.au/jobs/BigW
Step 2. View current job postings by clicking to to the link above.
Step 3. When you reach the list of job postings, you can choose a suitable position for you or you can make a quick list by filtering by typing position, department and location.
Step 4. When you find the position you want to apply for, you will move to the application step by clicking the “Apply” button.
Step 5. If you have a membership, you can log in here, or you can complete your application by filling out your personal information by creating a membership via the “Register” link.
Big W Job Application Form / PDF
You may apply for a job at Big W in one of two ways. The first is that you may apply for the current available jobs stated above by filling out the application form (a link to which is given below). You must thoroughly fill out your school background and employment history/experiences on your applications so that you do not run into any problems when you are called for an interview.
The second option to apply is to go to your local Big W and hand in your application to either the human resources manager or the general manager. Having your CV on hand when handing your application to the manager can give you an edge in getting your application considered quickly. If you don’t have time to create an application form, you may use one of the many template forms that most employers accept.
A downloadable Big W job application form is not available, but you can submit your resume or print it out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Working at Big W
How much does Big W pay?
The average Big W compensation ranges between $80,769 and $100,639 per year for an Assistant Store Manager and a Store Manager, respectively. The average hourly wage at Big W ranges from roughly $17 for a Cashier to $25 for a Night Fill.
Average Salaries at BIG W
- Cashier $28.00 per hour
- Retail Sales Assistant $24.87 per hour
- Replenishment Associate $23.95 per hour
- Sales Representative $250 per day
- Sales Assistant $24.61 per hour
- Team Member $25.16 per hour
How old do you have to be to work at Big W in Australia?
The minimum age varies from store to store, generally considered to be 14 years or older.
How long does it take for a response from Big W following an interview?
1 week to 2 weeks
Is Big W a suitable first job?
Excellent location for informal work as a student.
How long are shifts at Big W?
If you are a student in need of a job, 3 to 4 five-hour stints a week will not pay the bills, but will help.