Costco Application Process & Jobs
Before Costco job application information, you may want to know the important information you need to learn about the company. You may climb the stairs one by one toward your professional ambitions by submitting your application to Costco, which offers the possibility to work in many roles and departments.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (doing business as Costco Wholesale and also referred to as Costco) is an American multinational corporation that operates a membership-only chain of large-format warehouse stores (warehouse club). Costco was the largest retailer of choice and prime beef, organic groceries, rotisserie chicken, and wine in the world as of 2016. Costco rated tenth on the Fortune 500 list of the top U.S. firms by total revenue in 2021.
The global headquarters of Costco are located in Issaquah, Washington, an eastern suburb of Seattle, yet its Kirkland Signature house label preserves the name of its former Kirkland location. In 1983, the first warehouse (the company’s term for its retail locations) was opened in Seattle. Costco’s corporate history, however, stretches back to 1976, when its erstwhile competitor Price Club was established in San Diego, California. Costco has 831 warehouses across the globe as of March 2022: 574 in the United States, 105 in Canada, 40 in Mexico, 31 in Japan, 29 in the United Kingdom, 16 in South Korea, 14 in Taiwan, 13 in Australia, four in Spain, two each in France and China, and one in Iceland. Costco opens new locations frequently. In 2022, the company intends to establish its first warehouses in New Zealand and Sweden.
Costco Positions and Salary Information
Costco is accepting applications for available roles in each department.
For entry level positions, Costco does not require high-level qualifications, but rather a desire to work and a dynamic/ energetic personality: after completing the application, if the candidate is suitable for the position, the candidate will be required to attend an interview to verify the application information and eligibility for the position in person, and the recruitment will be completed.
Candidates may apply online or personally for the job that best fits their background from the list below.
Customer Service Based Phone/Chat Agent
This position is based in our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma location. There is no work-from-home option available. At the U.S. Member Service Center for an international membership warehouse chain, the customer service representative answers telephone calls and responds to member facing chats to provide information regarding Costco.com, research member’s online issues, provide assistance with website navigation, use problem solving skills, and advocate for Costco members in a friendly and efficient manner.
Assignments and duties:
- Respond to a large number of incoming phone calls and/or member conversations.
- Determine member requirements and give appropriate solutions, including addressing typical
- Costco.com/product questions and investigating difficult online order, tracking, and delivery issues.
- Consider and offer appropriate compensations
- Serve as the connection between Costco.com clients, vendors, purchasing and operations personnel
- Utilizes various computer programs on multiple screens concurrently while on the phone or replying to chats.
- Utilizes problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities to overcome order/product/delivery problems
Required skills, qualifications, and abilities:
- Education/Training: preferably a high school diploma or GED
- Licenses/Certifications: Certification as an Ecommerce Member Service Agent upon completion of a 14-day training program.
- Previous customer service experience is preferable
- Customer Service, computer literacy, professional business writing, typing ability (minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute), and outstanding communication skills are necessary.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and alternating days off
Recommended competencies, skills, and certifications:
- Strong background in customer service, including exceptional communication skills, timely, courteous service, and outstanding follow-up.
- Capability to adapt to and operate well in a fast-paced setting. Capability to assume responsibility and solve difficulties.
- Capacity to exhibit learning and decision-making abilities
- Strong time management skills
- Bilingual talents a plus
Travel Reservation Agent
Costco Travel is looking for individuals to join our reservation crew in order to assist Costco customers with the planning of their vacation travel, with an emphasis on first-call resolution in a fast-paced contact center environment. Join our team and contribute your expertise as an active team member to the further expansion of Costco Travel.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- Manages member calls with courtesy and efficiency.
- Utilizes airline and internal computer systems to create reservations for members.
- Reservations are accurately confirmed.
- Communicates the needs of members to other departments.
- Regular and dependable attendance at the allocated employment location.
Knowledge, Abilities, Instruction, and Licenses/Certifications:
- Effective communication and listening abilities
- Excellent talents in customer service.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- A meticulous approach to work.
- Flexible to accommodate the business’s scheduling needs (e.g., evening, weekends).
- Sales experience (preferably phone sales).
- Travel industry knowledge.
- Call center experience.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, expanding workplace.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer proficiency.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
The Operations Assistant will contribute to the overall success of the Auto Program by assisting with various projects. This person will be responsible for supporting numerous departments with a variety of activities and will be required to have a working knowledge of all Costco Auto Program business areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance for multiple projects concurrently
- Prioritize tasks as required and detect and report any concerns that develop.
- When needed, conduct multiple phone campaigns for various departments and assist with project tracking.
- Contributes to the team by suggesting improvement possibilities
- Participate in weekly department meetings
- Assists in assessing and testing web pages and various project deliverables before to launch.
- May assist with OEM-related special projects (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
- Keying in data for On Site Evaluations
Additional duties as assigned Requirements:
- High school graduate with two years Administrative or comparable mix of training and experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication abilities
- Excellent organizing abilities when managing one’s own obligations and priorities.
- Ability to build positive working connections with all team members and clients in order to foster teamwork and innovation
- A customer-focused work ethic is essential for this position.
- Excellent organizing abilities when managing one’s own obligations and priorities.
- Must be able to create and maintain excellent working relationships with managers and coworkers while working independently.
- Must be an independent thinker. Skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Must possess the requisite work ethic to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Capacity to adapt well to change and maintain flexibility under pressure.
How to Apply For Costco Jobs
Step 1. Access the company’s via the link: https://www.costco.com/jobs.html
Step 2. View current job postings by clicking the “EXPLORE OUR CAREERS HERE” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 3. When you reach the list of job postings, you can choose a suitable position for you or you can make a quick list by filtering by typing position, department and location.
Step 4. When you find the position you want to apply for, you will move to the application step by clicking the “Apply” button.
Step 5. If you have a membership, you can log in here, or you can complete your application by filling out your personal information by creating a membership via the “Register” link.
Costco Job Application Form / PDF
You may apply for a job at Costco in one of two ways. The first is that you may apply for the current available jobs stated above by filling out the application form (a link to which is given below). You must thoroughly fill out your school background and employment history/experiences on your applications so that you do not run into any problems when you are called for an interview.
The second option to apply is to go to your local Costco and hand in your application to either the human resources manager or the general manager. Having your CV on hand when handing your application to the manager can give you an edge in getting your application considered quickly. If you don’t have time to create an application form, you may use one of the many template forms that most employers accept.
A downloadable Costco job application form is not available, but you can submit your resume or print it out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Working at Costco
How much does Costco pay?
The average income at Costco is $34,000 per year, or $16 per hour, which is 64 percent less than the national average salary of $66,000 per year. According to our statistics, the top paying position at Costco is Vice President of Retail Sales at $201,000 per year, while the lowest earning one is Cake Decorator at $14,000 per year.
Is working for Costco difficult?
There are many benefits to working at Costco, but make no mistake, it’s not a stroll in the park – staff must put in significant effort to earn those perks. In addition to the physical labor, many employees report that the job is quite stressful.
Why is Costco’s salary so high?
According to Dreier, Costco’s yearly employee turnover rate is less than 6 percent, which is low for a store. He claims that this reduces costs and enables Costco to increase wages.
Do Costco workers get a discount?
Employees pay the same fee as the general public.
How old do you have to be to work at Costco in Australia?
The minimum age varies from store to store, generally considered to be 15 years or older.