Crown Melbourne Application Process & Jobs
Before Crown Melbourne job application information, you may want to know the important information you need to learn about the company. You may climb the stairs one by one toward your professional ambitions by submitting your application to Crown Melbourne, which offers the possibility to work in many roles and departments.
Crown Melbourne (also known as Crown Casino and Entertainment Complex) is a casino and resort located in Melbourne, Australia, on the south bank of the Yarra River. Crown Casino is a subsidiary of Crown Limited and the inaugural casino under the now-global Crown brand.
Crown Melbourne initially opened in 1994 on the north side of the Yarra before relocating and reopening in 1997 on the south bank. It continues to be one of the most prominent aspects of the Southbank district in Melbourne’s core business district. It is the largest casino complex in the Southern Hemisphere and one of the largest in the world, with a total area of 510,000 square meters, which is comparable to two city blocks. Three hotels, Crown Towers, Crown Promenade, and Crown Metropol, are also located inside the complex.
It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the exception of 4 a.m. to noon on Christmas Day, Good Friday, and Anzac Day. It was founded, owned, and managed by Lloyd Williams until PBL’s 1999 acquisition by Packer.
The casino is accessible through tram routes 12, 58, 96, and 109, which all pass close to Southern Cross Station and the Melbourne Central Business District.
Crown Melbourne Positions and Salary Information
Crown Melbourne is accepting applications for available roles in each department.
For entry level positions, Crown Melbourne does not require high-level qualifications, but rather a desire to work and a dynamic/ energetic personality: after completing the application, if the candidate is suitable for the position, the candidate will be required to attend an interview to verify the application information and eligibility for the position in person, and the recruitment will be completed.
Candidates may apply online or personally for the job that best fits their background from the list below.
Parking Services Attendant
Joining the Crown Services team as a Parking Services Attendant has become an exciting opportunity. In the post of Parking Services Attendant, you will ensure a high level of service to all Crown Guests, accurate processing of customer parking requests, anticipating and addressing customer demands, and preserving the car park’s appearance.
The role’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Consistently delivering exceptional customer service
- Managing the flow and direction of traffic entering and exiting Crown parking lots
- Validating VIP membership to give authorized vehicles access to parking lots
- Exceptional assistance in processing cards, cash, and refunds at the entrance and departure gates.
- Basic maintenance of equipment
To succeed in the position, you will need:
- To be at least 18 years old
- Prior experience in a role requiring direct interaction with customers is highly valued.
- Capability to work a 24/7 rotational schedule
- Must be accessible on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- Outstanding conflict resolution abilities
- A multitasking team member with a high level of motivation Strong reading, numeracy, and comprehension skills
- Fundamental computing skills
- To be eligible to work on-site at Crown, you must be fully vaccinated (with two doses of an approved
- COVID-19 vaccine) or have a valid medical exemption.
Firm are hiring Laundry Attendants to join the team at our Main Laundry. You will be responsible for the timely and effective supply of laundry and linen services to our Crown Hotels, Food and Beverage outlets, and Conference and Events facilities in this position.
- Safe use and operation of industrial laundry equipment;
- Loading and unloading of washing machines and dryers;
- Sorting and preparing linen for delivery;
- Linen delivery;
- Accurate record keeping and reporting maintenance and safety issues in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that all equipment and surrounding areas are kept clean;
- Processing linen through machineries to ensure high quality standards are met; and
- Conducting regular inspections of equipment and surrounding areas.
Skills and experience:
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven support services setting
- Prior experience in a hotel housekeeping or linen services department is desirable
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Capability to operate heavy equipment
- Capable of working in a physically demanding setting.
- Flexible to work a 7-day schedule between 5am and 6pm.
Hotel Bell Attendant – Casual Opportunities
Firm are currently seeking motivated hospitality professionals to join our Crown Hotel teams as Bell Attendant. This is a fast-paced customer service orientated role, which will give you an invaluable exposure to hotel procedures and systems.
In the role of Bell Attendant, you will greet guests and visitors on their arrival and departure, deliver, collect and store guest luggage, explain room amenities and valet park guest vehicles. Additionally, you will be passionate in your pursuit of promoting and maintaining impeccable service standards with a Premium Hotel.
What you need:
- To be 18 years of age or over
- An unrestricted Australian driver’s licence
- Confidence & skill in driving and parking manual cars
- Previous experience in a face-to-face customer service position
- Exceptional communication & conflict resolution skills
- A highly motivated team player
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to commit to working a variety of shifts over a 24/7 roster including weekends and public holidays
- You must be fully vaccinated (with two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine) or have a genuine medical exemption to be eligible to work on site at Crown
What we offer you:
- Flexibility with your roster
- Complimentary meals while on shift in our staff restaurant
- Tailored, high quality uniforms that are cleaned for every shift
- Great working environment where you will receive ongoing support and training
- Career progression opportunities across our 3 award winning hotels
How to Apply For Crown Melbourne Jobs
Step 1. Access the company’s via the link: https://www.crownmelbourne.com.au/careers/info
Step 2. View current job postings by clicking the “EXPLORE OUR CAREERS HERE” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 3. When you reach the list of job postings, you can choose a suitable position for you or you can make a quick list by filtering by typing position, department and location.
Step 4. When you find the position you want to apply for, you will move to the application step by clicking the “Apply” button.
Step 5. If you have a membership, you can log in here, or you can complete your application by filling out your personal information by creating a membership via the “Register” link.
Crown Melbourne Job Application Form / PDF
You may apply for a job at Crown Melbourne in one of two ways. The first is that you may apply for the current available jobs stated above by filling out the application form (a link to which is given below). You must thoroughly fill out your school background and employment history/experiences on your applications so that you do not run into any problems when you are called for an interview.
The second option to apply is to go to your local Crown Melbourne and hand in your application to either the human resources manager or the general manager. Having your CV on hand when handing your application to the manager can give you an edge in getting your application considered quickly. If you don’t have time to create an application form, you may use one of the many template forms that most employers accept.
A downloadable Crown Melbourne job application form is not available, but you can submit your resume or print it out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Working at Crown Melbourne
How much does Crown Melbourne pay?
The typical annual compensation at Crown Resorts ranges from around $72,500 for a Marketing Executive to $98,500 for an Area Manager. The average hourly wage at Crown Resorts ranges from roughly $24 for a Bar Attendant to $36 for a Table Games Croupier.
How much revenue does the Crown Casino Melbourne generate annually?
This sum decreased from $306.7 million in 2019-20 to just $6.9 million in 2020-21. In terms of revenue by segment, the flagship Crown Melbourne property generated $582,500,000, a decrease of 60.5% due to longer closures during the year.
How old do you have to be to work at Crown Melbourne in Australia?
The minimum age varies from store to store, generally considered to be 18 years or older.
How many employees does Crown Melbourne have?
roughly 11,500 individuals
Crown is delighted that its resorts employ over 20,000 individuals in over 700 different positions. Crown Melbourne is Victoria’s largest single-site private sector employer, employing around 11,500 individuals.
How is the work environment at Crown?
An ongoing hum of excitement
Working at Crown is comparable to working in a miniature metropolis. Many people, much enthusiasm, and many new opportunities and adventures. In this industry, there is a constant influx of new acquaintances and friendships. Crown is that location for me.