H&M Application Process & Jobs
Before H&M job application information, you may want to know the important information you need to learn about the company. You may climb the stairs one by one toward your professional ambitions by submitting your application to H&M, which offers the possibility to work in many roles and departments.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (abbreviated H&M) is a Swedish global apparel retailer. It specializes on fast-fashion apparel for men, women, adolescents, and children. As of November 2019, H&M operates in 74 countries with over 5,000 locations under its many brand names, employing 126,000 people on a full-time equivalent basis.
H&M is the second-largest multinational apparel shop in the world, after Spain’s Inditex (parent company of Zara).
Erling Persson created H&M, and its current CEO is Helena Helmsson.
H&M Positions and Salary Information
H&M is accepting applications for available roles in each department.
For entry level positions, H&M does not require high-level qualifications, but rather a desire to work and a dynamic/ energetic personality: after completing the application, if the candidate is suitable for the position, the candidate will be required to attend an interview to verify the application information and eligibility for the position in person, and the recruitment will be completed.
Candidates may apply online or personally for the job that best fits their background from the list below.
You are accountable for providing a Great Customer Experience that contributes to your store’s Sales and Profit. You consistently put our clients first, provide support, and share your Product and Fashion expertise. You facilitate the shopping experience for our consumers through Store Operations and Excellent Garment Care.
By sharing your expertise and abilities with your coworkers, you actively contribute to building a Great Team in order to exceed our clients’ expectations.
You adhere to H&M’s standards, rules, processes, and legal requirements throughout your job.
Excellent Customer Service:
- Direct client service
- Demonstrate the five fundamental requirements for interacting with and welcoming customers in service areas and on the sales floor.
- Apply a “Heads up” strategy — be aware of clients that need assistance and offer to assist them.
- Utilize your product and fashion knowledge to motivate customers to make purchases by recommending products and promoting campaigns, deals, and activities.
Sales & Profit:
- Maintain full and clean displays throughout the day to maximize sales.
- Ensure excellent garment care to sell the products at the optimal time and in the best possible condition.
- Avoid lost sales by replenishing sizes and allocations on the sales floor through effective delivery and restocking procedures.
- Ensure that the sales floor and rear of the house are constantly spotless and organized.
- Ensure all cash register and fitting room procedures are followed to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Share your expertise with your coworkers and offer assistance where necessary to foster a healthy working environment.
- Provide coworkers with sincere and constructive feedback to help them improve their abilities
- Work in compliance with H&M standards and local law with Health & Safety and security procedures to ensure your safety, the safety of your coworkers, and the safety of our customers at all times.
We do not refer to them as “salespeople” or “sales associates” because we do not engage in sales. Our Sales Advisors are here to ensure that our customers have a wonderful shopping experience, whether by providing them with clothing alternatives or addressing simple inquiries such as where the fitting rooms are located. Because we ultimately believe that our clothing will sell itself. Our consumers merely need someone to occasionally engage them and offer guidance in determining what is possible for their own style.
In addition to but not limited to the following:
- Provide superior direct and indirect customer service in accordance with H&M’s standards and satisfy the five basic requirements on the sales floor, in the fitting room, and at the cash register.
- Answer telephones with courtesy and promptness
- Maximize sales prospects by processing, stocking, restocking, folding, hanging, displaying, and merchandising items in accordance with H&M’s specifications.
- Perform all needed transactions at the register, issue receipts and pack products.
- Unload delivery vehicle, accept, unpack, and label products with security tags.
- Implement reductions, price adjustments, transfers, and cash register procedures.
- Use established H&M rules and procedures to aid with loss prevention and store safety, and collaborate as needed with store management.
- Effectively collaborate with team members to ensure that the sales floor, cash register, fitting rooms, and inventory are clean and well-maintained according to H&M’s store standards.
- Adhere to the H&M Employee Handbook’s values, internal standards, rules, and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for Applicants:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Six months of retail customer service experience is ideal.
- Capability to lift more than 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stretch, do repeated actions, push, pull, and carry objects (mannequins, clothing, totes, etc.) for a short distance.
- Capacity to ascend a ladder and employ a step stool
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capability to identify and exploit sales opportunities
- Capacity and inclination to operate a cash register
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Multitasking ability in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative required to finish activities and overcome difficulties
- Capacity to observe due dates
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Status non exempt and hourly (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Key Holders are accountable for a variety of tasks at H&M. From standard managerial responsibilities such as sales maximization, customer service, and departmental profitability to mentoring teams within the store. And they are expected to adhere to all H&M values, standards, policies, and procedures. True culture of H&M Know that the only way we can become a better organization is if talented individuals help unlock the potential of those around them.
In addition to but not limited to the following:
- In agreement with the Store Manager, organize and allocate the work of the store staff, establish priorities, and maintain an overview of the tasks to be completed.
- Perform supervisory duties in line with the organization’s policies and applicable regulations, such as approving time-off requests, salary, location, or title changes; taking remedial action; and making employment decisions.
- Take measures within the division to maximize sales by coordinating operational and commercial efforts to achieve the best level of profitability.
- Ensure that your team is aware of all product, marketing, promotion, display guidelines, and merchandise details
- Ensure that garment presentation, garment level, and visual standards within the department meet H&M’s requirements.
- Plan and coordinate with the visual team all departmental actions pertaining to campaigns, promotions, and sales
- Effectively plan the department’s workers according to the needs and constraints of the business and alter hours as needed to achieve store and SPH objectives.
- Utilize sales and cost plans, budgets, and other applicable tools to achieve optimal profitability while making business decisions.
- Responsible for knowledge of and performance of cash office operations
- Follow and implement safety and security procedures to prevent loss and ensure the safety of employees and customers.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, may be allocated overall store duty
- Maintain high-quality H&M direct and indirect customer service by delivering the best shopping experience to each customer and demonstrating the five fundamental expectations on the sales floor, in the fitting room, and at the cash register
- Record accurate numbers for sales and labor hours
- Preferably one to two years of retail management experience, including direct supervisory experience, or comparable experience in a supervisory role.
- Capability to lift more than 20 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder and using a stepstool.
- Graduate of high school or its equivalent
- Customer service and interpersonal abilities of the highest caliber
- Proven organizational and analytic abilities Capability to drive sales by proactively developing selling possibilities
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to develop the business via creativity and significant fashion knowledge.
- Capable of taking initiative and working without supervision.
- Able to work strategically, tactically, and operationally Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment Capable of establishing effective routines for excellent communication with all team members to maximize productivity
- Capacity to deliver feedback in a professional and constructive manner Capacity to manage disputes and solve problems in a constructive manner
- Administration of the progressive discipline process and performance management
- Basic computer abilities are required, including browser browsing, program interaction, and data entry.
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Minimum needed trip distance (i.e.Workshops)
- Status: Non-exempt and Hourly
How to Apply For H&M Jobs
Step 1. Access the company’s via the link: https://career.hm.com/
Step 2. View current job postings by clicking the “EXPLORE OUR CAREERS HERE” button at the bottom of the page.
Step 3. When you reach the list of job postings, you can choose a suitable position for you or you can make a quick list by filtering by typing position, department and location.
Step 4. When you find the position you want to apply for, you will move to the application step by clicking the “Apply” button.
Step 5. If you have a membership, you can log in here, or you can complete your application by filling out your personal information by creating a membership via the “Register” link.
H&M Job Application Form / PDF
You may apply for a job at H&M in one of two ways. The first is that you may apply for the current available jobs stated above by filling out the application form (a link to which is given below). You must thoroughly fill out your school background and employment history/experiences on your applications so that you do not run into any problems when you are called for an interview.
The second option to apply is to go to your local H&M and hand in your application to either the human resources manager or the general manager. Having your CV on hand when handing your application to the manager can give you an edge in getting your application considered quickly. If you don’t have time to create an application form, you may use one of the many template forms that most employers accept.
A downloadable H&M job application form is not available, but you can submit your resume or print it out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Working at H&M
How much does H&M pay?
The average annual compensation at H&M is between $29,882 for a Sales Advisor and $145,338 for a District Sales Manager. The typical hourly wage at H&M ranges from roughly $13 for a PT Sales Advisor to $34 for a Store Manager.
How old do you have to be to work at H&M in Australia?
The minimum age varies from store to store, generally considered to be 15 years or older.
What questions do HR managers ask?
- Please share some information about yourself.
- What are your outside-of-work interests?
- How did you enter this profession?
- How do you define success in your position?
- What skills are required for this position?
- Where do you envision yourself in five years?
- What are three of your greatest strengths?
How do you become employed at H&M?
Typically, an online application with a brief questionnaire would suffice. Then, on the evaluation day, you will visit the store and participate in a group interview. You apply on the website and should receive a response within a few weeks, if not days, depending on how urgently they require staff.